New Community was happy to host the NewarkWOW (Workforce on Wheels) Mobile Unit outside the health care building at 274 South Orange Ave., Newark, on Dec. 6 and 7.
The mobile unit transports workforce professionals from NewarkWORKS throughout the City of Newark to provide information and resources on various programs, employment opportunities and support services available to Newark residents.
Services offered include:
- Job placement
- Vocational and occupational training for adults and youth
- Work readiness and life skills training
- Adult Basic Education training and High School Equivalency
- Career counseling
- Summer youth employment opportunities
- Supportive services and resource information
More information about the program and events can be found at nlwdb.org.